Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Decoding Dyslexia. Please review the information below and sign up to be included on the separate emails lists for any committees you are interested in. The committee chair will be in touch with you with updates and information soon. If you have any trouble signing up, please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
Develop legislative campaign for Dyslexia Legislation that meets DDGA mission
- Report on and keep DDGA members up to date on legislative updates from local and national perspective
- Oversee subcommittees:
- Dyslexia Day at the Georgia State Capitol
- Decoding Dyslexia National Advocacy Day in DC
- Request CALL TO ACTION on any legislation that supports DDGA mission statement
- Educate volunteers on How To Speak to Legislators
To be a part of the Legislative Committee team, click here.
Outreach/ Education Committee
Develop and Support Parent and Professional Outreach/Education Events in Georgia
- Members of this committee will plan outreach events in their communities throughout Georgia
- Support IDA outreach events and parent components of conferences
- Support and Share information regarding all appropriate Dyslexia events in Georgia
To be a part of the Outreach/Education Committee, please click here.
Social Media Committee
Help build awareness for Dyslexia and DDGA events through social media outlets
- Reply to inquiries and comments received through social media outlets
- Share appropriate posts, updates and events regarding dyslexia
- Respond and interact with our social media followers
To be a part of the Social Media Committee, please click here.
Community Partner Development Committee
- Build relationships with Community Partners
- Network and develop new partnerships
- Develop ways to support Community Partnerships
To be a part of the Community Partner Development Committee, click here.
Media Relations & Public Relations Committee
- Build public awareness for Dyslexia and DDGA events
- Develop relationships with the media
- Write press releases and assist with communication pieces
- Prepare quarterly newsletters and assist with blogs, etc.
To be a part of the Media & Public Relations Committee, click here
Decoding Dyslexia 4 Kids Committee
Support Family Oriented Outreach Events that create opportunities for families to network with each other and build self-advocacy skills and confidence in students.
- To be a part of the DDGA 4 Kids Committee, click here
- Help manage database and volunteer info
- Update website and assist with IT needs
- Secure locations for approximately 4 meetings per year
- Take notes and share information from meetings with the public
To help with the membership committee, click here