Thank You For Your Support
Dyslexia Day at the Capitol
As a Community Partner you are pledging your support for our mission and goals:
Our Mission: To raise dyslexia awareness, empower families to support their children, and inform policy-makers on best practices to identify, remediate and support students with dyslexia.
• A universal definition and understanding of “dyslexia” in the state education code
• Mandatory teacher training on dyslexia, its warning signs and appropriate intervention strategies
• Mandatory early screening tests for dyslexia
• Mandatory dyslexia remediation programs, which can be accessed by both general and special education populations
• Access to appropriate “assistive technologies” in the public school setting for students with dyslexia
The names of our Community Partners will be listed in materials and handouts to be distributed in connection with Dyslexia Day at the Georgia Capitol 2017. To be included on our printed materials, please sign up by February 10th, 2017.
There is no financial obligation associated with being a Community Partner but there will be an opportunity to help us cover the expenses of this event. We are planning on providing lunch again this year and have various printing and food expenses. As a grass-roots organization, with no funds to cover these expenses, we rely on volunteers and partners to help make this event a success and will distribute a sign-up genius link soon that includes some ways to contribute if you are able to.
We appreciate your support!